TownePlace Suites was originally known as The Robertson Building, built in 1910. The original structure was an eight story high rise located in the Race Street Historical District that is now converted into a 110-key LEED certified hotel. The historic façade of renaissance revival and terra cotta elegance still exists throughout the building. The design team sustained many important key elements, complimenting them with many modern and custom designs. The adaptive reuse of the large historic window sizes paired itself well to the hospitality nature for guests to look over the city. The latest architectural additions, be them modern in style, were intended to relate to the historic nature of the buildings proportions, rhythm and the selected masonry materials used.
Building Architecture- Large Scale (>10,000 sf)